Certification Presentations and Workshops
GISCI certification continues to be an important topic at local, state, national and international conferences, particularly with the development of an exam to be added to the GISP Certification Process in the first half of 2015. It is always helpful for GISCI to describe the certification program and process to a group, rather than individually. If you would like to add GISCI related content to your educational program, there are two options available.
Download the Presentation Abstract
|Option I: The GISCI Presentation.
- All certified GIS professionals (GISPs) are authorized to give a stock 30-45 minute presentation on the GISCI program.
- This presentation provides information on the program, Institute, review process. and current statistical data about GISCI and its certified GIS professionals.
- If you are interested in having a local GISP speak at your event, contact GISCI staff and they will attempt to arrange for a local presenter.
- If you are a GISP and are interested in presenting the materials, you must contact GISCI headquarters for the most current version of the slides.
- It is up to the presenter and the hosting organization to determine the presentation particulars (registration fee, length of presentation, travel and transportation, etc.).
- Depending on instructor availability, option I is not always available.
Download Presentation: GISCI Certification Evolution & Future Oct 2014
Download Presentation: Value and Future of the GIS Professional Certification Feb 2015
Download Presentation: Future Directions for GISCI & the Exam NC 2_25_15
GISP - Professional Certification From a Student Perspective A GeoTech Center series webinar given on 11/18/15 by Bill Hodge GISP.
|Option II: The GISCI Workshop.
- This is a longer workshop version of the presentation. It is between 2.5 and 3.5 hours.
- The presentation includes the presentation found in option I. It also includes a step-by-step guide to completing the application as well as real application samples from actual GISPs.
- Not all GISPs are authorized to teach the course. Only the GISCI staff and select GISPs are eligible to instruct. Contact GISCI Headquarters if you are interested in Option II for more details.
- If the hosting organization would prefer the workshop, they will be expected to cover all instructor expenses. These expenses differ depending on the instructor, location, amount of lead time, etc.
- There is a brief workbook that the hosting organization will be expected to duplicate.
- If desired, the hosting organizations can set a registration fee for the workshop. GISCI does not expect any portion of that fee.
- Depending on instructor availability, option II is not always available.
If you are interested in either of the two presentation options, contact GISCI Headquarters at 847-824-7768 or email@example.com